Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Gilak Middle Eastern Restaurant by Hossein



Gilak's is Mr. Hossein's latest restaurant newly opened at Greenbelt in Makati.  I was luckily invited there by my customers who have been long time diners at his Hossein's location on Makati Avenue.  I will say that middle-eastern is NOT always my favorite, but like my Dad used to correctly state, " great cuisine is found everywhere, and it doesn't matter how it's cooked, as long as it's cooked well".  Thars some wisdom in dem words Pa!  Mr. Hossein went on to knock my socks off with the wonderful talent with which he showcased in the meal he served us.

We had braised lamb shanks, shrimp arab with yogurt sauce, naan, salad, and tandoori chicken.  All these are dishes I've had before, but he does them exceptionally well.  Think a steak from TGI Friday's vs. a steak from Mortons...

for more pics and details on Gilak check out my friend Rica's blog: http://heart-2-heart-online.com:80/2008/10/12/gilak-by-hosseins/

No comments: